Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gobsmacked

Can I take a quick poll here, folks ?

If someone is gravely, desperately ill in hospital , has things on his mind that he wishes to say, and he feels he really needs to speak to his children , would **you** refuse to get those almost adult teenagers out of bed at 10 am on a Sunday morning so they could speak to their father and put his mind at rest ?

I could not refuse a request like that.

Some things take greater priority than sleep................to be told that he would have to wait to speak to his children till much later on today is unacceptable in my book.

Or am I being unreasonable ?


Sigh.
Share with friends using the share button below.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Whaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

I think those *kids* need to be gobsmacked!

DebD said...

This is so sad.

Laura said...

No, you are not being unreasonable. Lord have mercy!

elizabeth said...

Lord have mercy. Hang in there. Sometimes people are insenstive also because they do not know how to deal with the emotional things attached to sickness. Not an excuse though...

This is hard. My love and small prayers.

Philippa said...

I'm with Meg on this one. I think someones needs to sit down with the "children" and have a heart-to-heart about their attitude regarding their dear dad.

Philippa said...

I'm with Meg on this one. I think someones needs to sit down with the "children" and have a heart-to-heart about their attitude regarding their dear dad.

Matt said...

Wake them with a bucket of ice water.