Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fretting......

..... about the birds which normally visit my garden, knowing they will find food here.

I filled up the bird feeder and made sure there was plenty of food on the ground for the larger birds which can't hang upside down from the feeder.

Within two or three minutes, the thick swirling snow had covered all trace of the ground-lying food, so I had to go and replenish it at regular intervals. I felt so sorry for the birds; if they do not find enough food, they will quickly weaken and die.
Now the snow is melting, I just hope there will be enough time for them to feed adequately from my garden before night falls and everything freezes again. They tend not to come for food after about 2.30pm..........
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

God bless you for caring and for providing food for some of the birds, at least.

elizabeth said...

I'm sure the birds will be okay! the birds by my parent's house usually are... :)