Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank You !

Thank you all for your kind comments and prayers for the repose of my beloved father.

He was indeed a special person - larger than life, ebullient, friendly, happy, honest and blunt, always willing to help anyone or anything, at no thought of the cost to himself.
He adored children and they all adored him.
He treated everyone the same, with kindness and concern, no matter what their station in life.

I have been told by so many people that no-one ever had a bad word to say about him, and that says a lot.

I have a lot to live up to.
Share with friends using the share button below.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Dear Elizabeth: And you will always look up to him. May His Memory Be Eternal.
Be comforted, love never ends.
Our deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones.

Meg said...

Sounds a lot like my stepfather, except that he did have people who would speak poorly of him -- my mother and her sister. My own sister and I were just talking about that recently. It's so sad that those two evil-minded women couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge what a gem of a man he is -- he even moved up to NH just so my mother could be closer to her family, and he hates it up here.

I'm so glad that both of us have such warm memories of the men who raised us.

elizabeth said...

sounds like he was a great blessing of a man. Memory Eternal.