Friday, January 30, 2009

More Books Finished

Another oldie; an older children's story set in the remote Scottish islands and depicting the hardships of crofting life and the emigration that followed. A truly wonderful book.




This was good, but not as good as I thought it would be - the life stories of British actors Sheila Hancock and her husband John Thaw, who died a few years ago.





Another oldie from the thrift shop ! This GP practice was the subject of a BBC documentary series in the 1990s, and I enjoyed the programmes so I thought the book would be good too. It did not disappoint me :-)




I have two more books currently being read, but I don't think I will finish them before the end of the month :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oooo, the top one looks particuarly lovely!