Friday, January 09, 2009

Lapwings !



photo found on Google, BTW.


I haven't seen any Lapwings for at least two years. These shy, rare (and sadly rapidly becoming rarer) birds tend to congregate on farmland in the Winter.

Imagine my delight yesterday when whilst walking the dog, I saw some in a field ! I didn't have my camera with me, sadly. And today, whilst driving past a field with sheep in, I saw **20** of these stunning birds.

Made my day, that's all I can say :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

So that's what a lapwing looks like! I would have had no idea what they were, had I seen these. Thanks for sharing.

DebD said...

How wonderful. I know that joy.

elizabeth said...

thank you for your comment today! I look forward to getting to know you through your blog! these birds are beautiful!

Simply Victoria said...

I feel like that in march when I see the first robin.
fore bearers of better weather.