Monday, January 12, 2009

Catching Up !

This is the first chance I have had to sit down since 08.00am and it is now 2.39pm !! So I have just had a cup of coffee and a PB sandwich and am catching my breath.

The icy weather has finally moved on, and we have instead grey skies and heavy rain. The daytime temperatures have gone up to 10 degrees C instead of hovering around -1 to 0 degrees, but at least we had sunshine then ! The lake is still partly frozen but is thawing fast. I am sure the wildfowl are much happier now they can swim, rather than having to skitter around on the ice........

I do have more photos to first take and then upload, of books I have recently finished reading, but the weekemd was busy, with DoomHamster staying with us Friday night so she could accompany us to Liturgy and Great Blessing of the Waters on Saturday morning. That was wonderful, and we were duly soaked with Holy Water and have a large bottle to take home with us :-)

Sunday, DD2 came home to see us and I am now the proud possessor of some seriously luscious chocolates and a Season 4 of House MD as birthday presents from my eldest two and their boyfriends.
Doing the happy dance, LOL.
Share with friends using the share button below.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Awesome!

elizabeth said...

sounds good ... enjoy the cold! i love it, as long as it is also sunny...

Simply Victoria said...

ooooh! house m.d. one of my favourite shows!

Walt Trachim said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday!

On that note, belated birthday greetings from this side of the pond :) And I understand that whole halfway to 90 thing as I hit that milestone almost 2 years ago....

Elevation Perception said...

Dr. House is my favorite!

Mairs said...

Ooh I love House! Dh doesn't get why anyone would watch a show about a guy nobody likes...lol