Monday, December 15, 2008

Missed Opportunities

It was bitterly cold last night; temperatures here reached -4 degrees. The frost was so thick and white that DD4 thought it had been snowing !

We were warmly bundled up for the walk to school, the ground was pretty slippery with ice and frost so we three held tightly onto each other. The lake was almost completely frozen over and it was just magical to walk past it and see the ducks and geese skittering around on the ice.

I hadn't taken my camera with me, and I so wished that I had. It was so lovely walking to school that it made my heart ache at the sight of such beauty.
On the way back to school this afternoon, the sun was so low in the sky that it would have been impossible to take any decent photos and the light was all wrong anyway.

Tomorrow it is forecast to be much warmer, so undoubtedly the ice will melt and the walk will still be lovely, but not quite so spectacular :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: