Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Guarding The Christmas Tree

We put our tree up on Sunday. Lights, baubles, everything. It looked lovely, and a tribute to the hard work of DD3 and 4.
The dog left it all alone on Sunday. He kept shooting suspicious glances at it, though.
On Monday morning he destroyed one bauble. Monday afternoon he shamelessly attacked three more, even though DD3 &4 and I were in the room.

This morning I came downstairs and even though it was pitch-dark in the room, he had still managed to finagle another bauble off the tree and chew it to smithereens.
So now when I go out, I haul over one of the huge leather chairs from the study and barricade the tree from Basil's depredations.


I'm just wondering how long it will be before he finds a way to circumvent the barricade :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Urg. Unlike kids, you can't send him out to run around the house three times.