Monday, December 08, 2008

Cold, Dark And Wet

It is raining today, after several days of glorious but bitterly cold weather. Yesterday, the frost was so very heavy that despite glorious and quite warm sunshine, the frost persisted in the shade till sundown.

The rain has changed the bracing cold to a penetrating, seeping cold dampness, with lowering skies and consequent lowering of my mood. It is only 1.41pm, yet it looks like dusk is imminent.....
I think I prefer it when it is cold, LOL.
I am already casting covetous eyes on some of my husband's socks, Anastasia, so that I can make the rice foot warmers you mentioned :-)

Last night I slept with cotton sheets, two wool blankets and *two* 15 tog duvets on my bed. I was actually too hot at one point in the night.......

At the moment, I am looking at all the birds in the back garden. There is a feeder with bird seed, a fat ball, and a load of bread pieces for them to feed on. Even the jackdaws are coming looking for food, as well as our more usual robins, finches, tits, sparrows, thrushes, starlings and blackbirds.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oh, it is certainly winter, isn't it? Stay warm, and enjoy a good book!