Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting To Church

Yesterday we went to Liturgy, and what joy to see my godmother safely home from hospital and celebrate her nameday with her ! She is much improved, though still not completely recovered from her hospitalisation, and I thank you all for your prayers.


It was a quiet service, with only Father, Presbytera, DD 3&4 and myself in Church, but that meant there was plenty of room for the Angels and saints to join with us in worship :-) The girls sang their hearts out for the Cherubic Hymn, and sang along everything they knew with Presbytera and I. I do need to teach them the Troparia to St Nicholas and St David, ready for the next service......

DD4 had her prayerbook with her - for a change, I remembered to take it (!) and set her a challenge of identifying the key points of the service, which she did successfully, much to her delight. It is starting to make sense to her now, rather than just being a long service. Her comment earlier on in the day was "But Mum, the prayers are soooo looong ! I like saying prayers but they are too long in Church!"

To my delight, when we came out of Church, she grinned at me and said "Mum, this was the best day ever !"
Of course, the two of them then managed to sustain low-level niggling at each other for the rest of the afternoon, but what's new :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

That sounds like such a lovely Liturgy! Thanks be to God, and I'm so glad to hear your Godmother is doing well.

Monica said...

How old is DD4? Just wondering when to expect that "get it" age...

Meg said...

This does sound like a lovely day. What was the occasion, or was this a Sunday Liturgy?