Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Pain ! The Pain !

After a two week hiatus from fencing (one week due to the unavailability of our venue, and the second week due to travelling to a Saturday Liturgy), we went back to it today feeling rather out of condition.

Actually, make that **very** out of condition.

By the time our two hour session had ended, I took off my metal mask to be greeted with good-natured banter about the remarkable beetroot-red colour of my face.

Once the fencing jacket and underjacket had been removed, my T-shirt was literally wringing wet due to exertion and lack of AC in the gym together with a day of glorious sunshine.

DD3 was nicely pink, but nowhere near my colour. Perhaps I need to get my blood pressure checked too :-0

It was just brilliant fun, and utterly exhilirating! I can't wait for next Saturday to zoom around.........
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I was going to say it sounds fun, but it sounds like an awful lot of hard work! :)

But you seem to be loving it, so here is to a fast week and next Saturday!

Rosko said...

I started to learn how to fence, but stopped a month in due to lack of finances. Hopefully I'll be able to get into it again. I still look at my glove and foil with nostalgia.

Rosko