Monday, September 29, 2008

Good News and Bad News

The Bad news is that our brand-spanking new computer has gone belly-up as of yesterday. I am sure that the fact we were watching the final LOTR film the night before was a sheer coincidence :-)
Said computer makes bleeps but does nothing else in the start-up routine, so odds are it is pretty serious. We are waiting to hear from the computer company when they will come to fix it.
Thank goodness we still have Old Faithful !

I forgot to mention the good news; when I was fencing on Saturday, we each had to fight every other non-coaching person there. I won 3 out of my 6 matches. If someone had said to me six months ago that I would be fighting in matches against youngsters who have been fighting for several years and actually managing to win three of them, I would have laughed. I was really rather pleased with my result :-0

One match was against a very tall man, who easily trounced me, yet DD3 (age 10) in turn beat him. But I in turn beat her, for a change :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I hope it is a minor blip. Ours just went to the shop too.

Ian said...

Oh dear. I've just ordered a new PC: perhaps I should keep the old one running.
:)

And well done with the fencing!