Monday, August 18, 2008

Clarity

Have you ever had a day where you suddenly realise, in a moment of heart-stopping, blinding clarity, exactly how special and incredible your spouse is ?

It happened to me yesterday :-)

We were chatting about nothing in particular, as you do when you've been married a fair while with kids, LOL, when suddenly the conversation took a much deeper, more serious level, with no conscious intent, no warning, even.

We talked about lots of things, uninterrupted - which is a miracle in its own right!- for about an hour and a half, and it brought home to me just how special, precious, unique and lovable my husband is, and just why I fell in love and continue to love him .

Not to mention how much I take him for granted, sometimes...... which is probably a topic for Confession.

But my heart was filled with joy, and continues to be so, that this man is my husband. "My cup runneth over........"
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Yes. I had one of those moments last week and just cried, and still cry. He's so wonderful! And I'm so undeserving. Lord, have mercy!

Mimi said...

Indeed, I have those moments as well, and share Anastasia's overwhelming thought that I am so undeserving.

DebD said...

what a lovely blessing for you.

Philippa said...

Nodding my head in understanding and agreement.