Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Asking For Prayers Again

...... for an elderly distant relative of ours, Peter, who died suddenly yesterday.


His family contacted me early this morning, saying that my name and phone number was on a list of people he had carefully drawn up and stated that he wanted to be notified of his death.

I went straight to the icon corner and wept. Although I had never met Peter in the flesh, due to geographical constraints and mutual family commitments, we corresponded regularly and spoke occasionally on the phone.

We met due to our common interest in chasing our family trees; he was descended from one sibling and our branch of the family from another sibling. We were able to give each other so much information about both sides of the family, and we shared so many laughs. We had planned to meet up in the next eighteen months, but it is not to be now. I do so wish that I had been able to meet him.

May God rest his soul.
Memory eternal to Peter............
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

Meadowlark Days said...

Prayers for Peter. And how wonderful that you were able to get to know each other through your shared ancestry.

Mimi said...

May his Memory be Eternal.

Ian said...

May his memory be eternal!

My prayers for you, and all who knew and loved him.

Solomon said...

Memory eternal!

Meadowlark Days said...

Elizabeth - just answering your question - we use a Canon EOS 20D Digital SLR that we saved up for! I use the big macro lens a lot for my closeups.