Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Saturday Liturgy

Our priest has started Saturday liturgy at the Garden Chapel once a month again :-)

DH and I are doing the happy dance, as he hates to drive to the city where the Sunday services are held (notorious for car theft, BTW) and he loves the Chapel where we were crowned. Our attendance has been very infrequent this year.

It was a blessing to go last Saturday and take my young ones to receive the Holy Mysteries, and to hear them singing the service. It never ceases to amaze me how much chant they know and can remember so effortlessly.
It was a delight to see the newly baptised Mark, whom we have known for years as a catechumen, receive the Holy Gifts.
It was a delight to see children lighting candles and praying for those they love.

It was a privilege to be there, and my heartfelt thanks to my spiritual Father for making it possible and for freely giving up some of his precious Saturdays off.
God grant him Many Years !!
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Meg said...

What a very great blessing for all of you. I'm so glad you are able to do this! And may God bless your priest!