Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Magical Garden

Me taking a photo of myself in the distorting mirror in the children's garden at Longleat !




This fire- breathing - well okay, smoke exhaling dragon - had a sensor so it "spoke" as people walked near it.....




We think this was a wizard, but it could have been a witch - the voice was very gender -neutral.

The garden was filled with nooks and crannies where you could see through to other oarts of the garden, and it was delightful We went round it at least five times......







As we came out of the garden, across the path we were able to get a sneak preview of the new Postman Pat theme village being constructed !

It opened the day after we came home...... I was really disappointed, because I loved watching Postman Pat with the older ones as well as the younger ones.
It does provide me with a compelling reason to go back, I suppose !
Not because we didn't get to do the huge hedge maze, or see the historic house, but because of the Postman Pat village. That just about sums me up, really !


Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: