Sunday, May 04, 2008

Chaos Resumes

Bright Week has been very bright here.

Chaos has officially now resumed, however !


Yesterday teatime my mother developed another spectacular anaphylactic reaction to one of her medications; she phoned me straight away, I phoned DD2 and got her to phone our GP at home ( he has given us his number for emergencies with mum) whilst I phoned for the ambulance from my home, so as to minimise the dalay in getting her urgent medical care.

We then piled in the car and raced to her house, and we all simultaneously converged: myself, DD2 & boyfriend, GP, Rapid Response Paramedic by car and shortly afterwards, the full ambulance crew.


GP advised her to go in, strongly seconded by me, so she went in by ambulance with full IV access for medications.

She was kept in overnight, and has phoned me this morning to say that she has been told she should be able to come home this afternoon, thank God.

I have nothing but praise for our GP, the local ambulance crews and the A&E staff; they were absolutely marvellous to my mother.

Quite how they are going to manage her gout now that she cannot take any anti-inflammatory drugs of any description is going to be a bit of a problem, but that is for the Consultant Rheumatologist to sort out.............
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Anaphylactic reactions can be *so* scary. Your mother will be in my prayers.

Otherwise glad to hear that you had a good Bright Week. I know, that afterglow of the Resurrection is soooo warm, you could just bask in it for all eternity!

I see you are reading two of my favorites, My Life in Christ, and the second volume of Fr. Arseny. (The first was quite something, too.) Enjoy!

Laura said...

Lord have mercy,...we'll keep your Mom in our prayers...

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness! yikes!

Prayers

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Prayers for your mother and all your family!

Ian said...

Prayers ascending from Down Under.