Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stony Heart

Evening prayers last night struck me to the heart, in a way that they have not done for a long time, and reduced me to a state of tearfulness.
I slept well but woke up at 3.00am and simply could not get properly back to sleep again. I stayed in bed, and prayed, and dozed, prayed and dozed till 6.30, when I gave up and started the day.

Almost like a wake-up call from God :-)

I feel more alive today, more aware of how stony my heart had become without me even really noticing it........

God is good.
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

It's amazing how subtley this condition creeps up on us. And we aren't even aware of it until God breaks through again...

Glory to Him!

Monica said...

A very familiar experience for me. Except, unlike Anastasia, I tend to go for a few more days after I do realize it, before making room for God to break through. (heavy sigh)