Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Prayers Please

I had a phone call from my mum this evening to say that she wasn't well, and our doctor was with her. She had suffered a massive allergic reaction to a new medication, and her tongue was swollen and she was starting to choke.

Our doctor was fabulous and was with her very quickly, giving her intravenous medication to reverse the swelling. It has been about 85% successful ,and our doctor has agreed for her to stay at home (she insisted, BTW !) under supervision, So I am staying with her tonight, as is DD2 who lives very near.

The doctor told me if there is any doubt in my mind, to phone 999 for the ambulance and also to phone him at his home immediately.

Please, please pray for a swift resolution to the problem and her restoration to relative health. I don't think any of us will get much sleep tonight........

Lord have mercy
Lord have mercy
Lord have mercy
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Yikes! How scary for all.

Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy.

The Traditional Frog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Traditional Frog said...

My prayers for you and your mum, Elizabeth!

Lord, have mercy!

DebD said...

How frightening! Prayers indeed for you and your mum.

Ian said...

Prayers ascending from Down Under.