Monday, February 18, 2008

Weather and Suchlike.

Hi all.
The weather here continues cold and gloriously sunny. It was cold enough last night ( minus 2C or 28degrees F) for me to don my thermal vest today :-)

Warmest temperature today was 44 degrees F. Nice if you are standing in the sunny side of the street, chilly if you weren't :-) We have a pretty temperate climate here, though N Ireland and Scotland can be a lot colder than Wales.

Today I went to a "Welsh for Parents" class. There were five of us plus the tutor, but imagine my consternation to find that one of the class members was someone who taught me when I was at school........... the class was great fun, and I am looking forward to returning next week.

On the reading front, I have onloan from the library Cesar Millan's ( the dog whisperer) "Cesar's Way". I also have "An Island Parish" about life on the Isles of Scilly, which are very isolated off the coast of Cornwall.

Also re-reading Ellis Peters' "Summer of the Danes", so I have plenty to keep me occupied !
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh, I *love* Ellis Peters!! My favorite in the Brother Cadfael series was "An Excellent Mystery."

Anything happen with your daughters and their jobs?