Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Playing Games

We saw, on EBay, an old Disney Trivial Pursuit board game. Not the new whizzy DVD clip games, but a proper board game with question cards.

Readers may remember that I am not a fan of board games. Nevertheless, we made a bid for and won this game.

The girls absolutely adore it. There are two sets of questions; one for children over 14 and adults (and boy, they are hard !), and one set for younger children, so adults and kids can play on an even footing, and there aren't really many games where this is possible.

We have all the classics like Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, The Rescuers, Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp etc.

There are a few films we haven't seen as a family, so I have edited those cards out. I have no intention of buying the truly evil "Hunchbook of Notre Dame" film. I don't really like "Bambi", and Abby has not even seen it, nor "The Fox and the Hound", so they are out.


Needless to say, we have played the game every day since it was delivered. I have won 1, Abby has won 3, Helen has won 3. No cheating allowed :-)

I could have won more often if I hadn't been handicapped by the hard adult questions, LOL.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mary Poppins NOT said...

I dislike Bambi as well. I have been teased for it, and even once, under pressure, let my then 5 year old son watch it (at a relative's home) and regretted it later when the same child couldn't sleep for few nights for fear I was going to die.