Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Half Term

This is our half-term holiday week, and for the first time in living memory, it has not rained torrentially since the close of school on Friday .....

The weather, has, in fact, been utterly glorious. Blue skies and sunshine, and even HEAT ! Yesterday was the hottest February 12th on official record.

We visited my mum yesterday, and having caught the bus to town and picked up my copy of A J Jacobs "The Year of Living Biblically" from the local bookshop,(yay!!) we walked all the way up the seafront to her house, and it was just wonderful. The view over to Somerset and Devon, and across the other side to Swansea and Gower was fantastic; we saw ships in the distance and a huge number of birds. It was a joy and a blessing to be out in the fresh air and sunshine with my girls, laughing and chattering.

Our nextdooor but one neighbours are having building works done on their house, and yesterday their contractor severed a water pipe. Fixing said pipe meant that the water supply to our block of three houses was terminated abruptly and with no warning, which was rather a shock to DD3 who was in the shower at the time, washing her hair ! and to me, as the washing machine was half-way through a load :-0


Luckily , DD3 was fine, due to the automatic safety cut-out, and neither shower nor washing machine suffered damage. It was fortunate that I was at home though, or the abrupt cessation of water to the washing machine could easily have damaged it if I had not turned it off immediately. We were without water all day, though as we had already planned to be out at my mum's, it wasn't a problem. The pipe was finally repaired about 4pm, and after carefully running all the cold taps till the water ran crystal clear again, I was able to complete my poor load of washing, LOL.
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

But -- but, but -- how did DD3 get the shampoo out of her hair?

Mimi said...

I'm with Anastasia, that's what I was wondering too!

Living without water is not fun.