Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

I don't seem to have stopped being busy this week.

My mum has been ill, I have built up a small mountain of laundry that needs ironing, the oven needs a good cleaning, the dog is moulting copious amounts of blond hair, which looks dreadful on the wooden floors, and no matter how many times a day I sweep the floor, within ten minutes, it looks just as bad as it did before........, we have had the entire family to visit over the last few days which has been WONDERFUL, and really brightened things up just when gloom seemed to be settling over me like a relentless cloud with the onset of Lent.

I even have a book mountain waiting to be tackled, which is unsuual for me as I generally am complaining that I **don't** have anything new to read.

We are halfway through our family literacy project at school, which occupies Abigail and I for one and a half days each week. In a fit of lunacy I have signed up for the Maths project next term, and also for the 15 week Welsh for Adult Beginners course, which started last week, so the Welsh course eats away another half day plus homeowrk time.

I must be crazy.

And to cap it all, we have a parents-teachers association meeting this coming Thursday, and I have the most ominous feeling I am going to be roped into doing something else most days which will eat away even more time.....

And to think that just a few short weeks ago, I was complaining to DH that I was bored !

Between spending 80 minutes a day walking on the school run, a further 60 minutes a day walking Basil, plus trying to keep on top of the housework, I think I shall settle for giving up sleep for Lent this year :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

If all all possible, train the dog to accept being vacuumed!

Some dogs even enjoy it, like being petted.

Mimi said...

Hugs. It does sound like a lot!