Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

...went completely down the pan on Monday :-)

DD1 plus fiance and DD2 plus boyfriend were supposed to be coming to my house for evening meal before all going to the firework display en famille.

I cooked my infamous Beef and Beer casserole. Delicious smells fill the house and leave me drooling for hours.

At 5pm, Rob arrives.

At 5.30 (when she should have been at my house) DD2 phones to say the bus is running late and she would be with me soon.
Fair enough; I assume that this means DD1 was with her at that time, given that they work in the same building :-)
Uh-uh.

When DD2 arrives, unencumbered with her sister and the fiance, I was somewhat surprised. it then transpires that DD1 had gone back to her flat to change and to lock up, as fiance does not have the keys.

DD! finally arrives at 6.40pm.

I had fed everyone else except DD1 and her fiance by this point; by this time, I was a gibbering wreck, as we were supposed to be leaving my house at 6.50pm to walk to the display and meet up with some others there.

Not to mention the fact that I had had to cook a vegetarian meal for Rob, something else for DD1, and something else for DD3 who doesn't like food with sauces.
Poor Matt was sat down in front of an enormous plate full of food and a ten minute deadline, but he managed admirably and we were only about 5 minutes late. LOL.

And the fireworks were fabulous :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: