Thursday, August 30, 2007

Browsers......

Our computer - admittedly elderly- has been playing up as of late.

When typing, it suddenly stops displaying the characters and takes 3 to 4 seconds to display what you have last typed, which did make producing the latest Roundup rather......interesting, shall we say :-)

DH has investigated and found that Firefox (my browser of choice) has been leaving a horrendous number of tracking cookies which clogged the system to a crawl. He is a firm advocate of Internest Exploder, which I personally loathe and despise, but in deference to his technical prowess, I am using the wretched browser he advises.

Therefore, this post has been brought to you via Blogger and the infamous Internet Exploder.
Bleugh! But he is right, and it is working much better :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Yeah, I find that Firefox doesn't agree with my computer either, I use the evil E

The Traditional Frog said...

FireFox, albeit a great browser is a memory hog on some systems. I go through and purge the cookies and cache every few days (you don't have to unistall the browser, you can purge from within). Internet Explorer has too many security holes for my comfort. I personally prefer FireFox, but IE has some good features as well. I tend to go back and forth depending on what I am doing.