Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Orthodox Roundup

It`s Roundup time :-)

There has been an abundance of brilliant blogging by the Orthodox community over the last few weeks, but I think the best place to start is with preparations for the Dormition fast.
Katherine describes what she and her family are doing with Treasure boxes for the Theotokos and CD resources for the Paraclesis service .
One of my own special favourites is the Paraclesis cd performed by Abouna`s Angels, but I haven`t found it anywhere on the web; I bought mine form Orthodox Christian Books in the UK.

The talented Dawn has finished her wonderful icon of St Michael and like many of us, has been reading Harry Potter. Laura Nee gives her thoughts on Harry Potter as a role model for children brought up without a faith / moral background. Matt also has some interesting points to consider, as does Fr Joseph.

Orrologion gives a superb pictures of St Elizabeth the New Martyr`s life and character here.

Papa Herman describes the life and a miracle of St Marina

Alana ponders on the complexities of almsgiving.


Deb has been to visit the myrrh streaming icon of St Anna. Fr Stephen discusses how icons are amazing teaching aids, on turning the heart to God, and how much he appreciates the intercessions of the Saints


James over at Paradosis is now a tonsured Reader. Many Years !

Are cappucino coffees Orthodox ? David discusses the evidence !

Over at Pithless Thoughts, s-p provides some scatalogical Orthodox humour.

Handmaid MaryLeah has inspired me immensely with some glorious excerpts from St Theophan`s writings 1, 2, 4, as well as contemporary Saints like Elder Michael II of Valaam, and Elder Adrian of Romania. If you haven`t already bookmarked her blog, I would recommend that you go visit it - each time I do, my spiritual batteries are recharged.
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Ooooh, I added some Blogs to my Bloglines account!

Isn't Dawn's icon gorgeous?

Knancy said...

Thanks for this post. I found some new blogs!