Monday, June 18, 2007

Playing Tag

Having been tagged by Dave Holford, I am racking my brain to think of something original to write about !

1/ I could never have a career change and train as a teacher, as I do not possess a pass in "O" level Maths or its equivalent, though I do have grade A in "O" level Chemistry (from the days when you had to have a reasonable grasp of algebra to calculate molar equations). So despite having a BA (Hons) degree, a post-graduate diploma and full midwifery training, I could never even teach infant school children..........

2/ I have flown birds of prey, namely kestrels, a buzzard and a goshawk.

3/ I cannot watch surgery involving eyes. Just the though makes me want to run screaming from the room, though I have witnessed many bloody procedures at work.

4/I would love to do voluntary midwifery work overseas when the children have all left home.

5/ I cannot crochet though I can knit Fair-Isle patterns.

6/ I have handled pythons at a zoo.

7/ I cannot swim. despite carrying half a stone of extra weight, I still sink like a brick, much to my annoyance.

8/ I would really love to go on a cruise ship to see the Norwegian fjords and the Arctic Circle/Alaska

I think most of the Ortho-bloggers have already been tagged, so I will have to throw this open to anyone who wants to play............
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

DebD said...

eye surgery! EWWWwww. I'm in the same boat- still trying to come up with 8 things. :)

Mimi said...

Amen, number three is my biggest gross out.

Ewwwwwwww. Eye touching makes me queasy.

Meg said...

Ooh! Ooh!! Fair Isle, one of my favorite kinds of knitting!! :D

Philippa said...

You amazing me with the things you've done, re: # 2, # 3, and # 6. YIKES!!!!

Margi (juliansdaughter) said...

I can crochet but the only thing I ever successfully knitted was a Dr Who scarf. As for "O" math, well I have it and not chemistry, and despite RN, RSCN, HV qualifications I know ten minutes in front of 30 average 12-year olds would have me hauled off by nice paramedics.