Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Saints Meme

The task is to name four of your favourite Saints, one who was well on the way to sanctity, is widely venerated already and very likely to be made a Saint in due course, and one who isn`t yet publicly declared a saint but probably should be made a Saint.

My votes:

St John of Shanghai and San Francisco
St Benedict of Nursia
St Barsanuphius of Optina
St Spyridon

Blessed:
Fr Seraphim Rose

Should be made a Saint :
Elder Cleopa of Romania
or
Elder Porphyrios of Greece.

Who would you choose ?

I tag Mimi, Deb, S-P and Ian from Oz.......... and anyone else who wants to play.

Feel free to vehemently disagree with my choices in the last two categories :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

DebD said...

Oh gracious. I will have a hard time with the 2nd question as I don't know so many.

DebD said...

I finished my Meme... it was fun pondering this one.

Deb

Elizabeth said...

It was fun, wasn`t it ?

Mimi said...

Oooh, very interesting. Thanks. I like your choices.