Monday, April 09, 2007

Glorious Pascha !

I wish you all the joy of the Greatest of Feasts, Pascha and Bright Week !

I was too tired to post yesterday, but we made it to Agape Vespers and the parish party/barbecue and we had a glorious time. The young ones and I were able to receive the Holy Mysteries after the service and before the party, which was a wonderful blessing and put the seal on my joy.....

Our languages yesterday for the Gospel :
English
Greek
Welsh
Gaelic
Latin
French
German
and
ARABIC !

We were blessed to have an elderly couple who hail originally from Iraq celebrating with us, and we had Arabic in our Paschal Greetings too, as well as Arabic food at the party.

I ate far too much and did suffer a little last night as a result :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

Philippa said...

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!

All the joys and blessings of the Paschal Feast to you and yours Elizabeth!!!

Much love!

DebD said...

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!

Joyous Paschal feast to you and your family.

Mimi said...

Yum! The food sounds fabulous. I had ouzo for the first time. Wheeeee!

We had Greek
Arabic
Slavonic
Russian
Dutch
German
French
Spanish
Norweigan

Mary Poppins NOT said...

Christ is Risen! Truly He is risen!

My stomach is a little sore from the cheese I have enjoyed since Liturgy on Sunday. But I have learned from past years to take it easy and enjoy the Easter food a little at a time, or there will be a price to pay. It seems as if our digestive system would benfit from a reverse Cheese and Meat fare.

Ian said...

Christ is Risen!

The Agape Vespers sounds wonderful, with all those languages. We generally get four or five
[Arabic, Slavonic/Greek, English, and I did German last year...]