Monday, April 23, 2007

Baby Bird Has Wings !

The baby bird I wrote about recently has, despite all the odds, survived and thrived, and can now fly confidently.

Yesterday I was delighted to see both he and his mother fly around in the garden and then over the rooftops into an adjacent garden. I know he still has a long way to go before he is independent, but I am glad he has made it thus far.

I know that many thousands of young birds are victim to predators, but I really wanted to help this little one and his mother who has tended him so lovingly and watchfully over the last week he has been in my garden.

And next door`s cat is extremely well-fed and really doesn`t need to feast on this particular little bird !
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hope for the world! OTOH, "All Things Bright and Beautiful" seems particularly apropos, don't you think?

I remember learning a German lullaby that noted that God calls all the stars by name, and "knows you and loves you too" -- I think He must have placed this baby bird in your garden particularly. Thank you for being so concerned, both for Baby Bird and for his mom!