I`ve been tagged by Dave Holford, so here goes !
Seven things which have changed my life, I suppose......
1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies:
Either Bp Kallistos` The Orthodox Church or the Rule of St Benedict.
2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music:
I can`t possibly limit this to one.
Beethoven`s Fur Elise
Bach`s Wachet Auf
Handel`s Zadok the Priest.
These three opened my eyes to classical music as a youngster in school, thanks to an inspirational music teacher.
3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue:
Cars. Even if it makes me a sad person.
And Baz Luhrman`s Romeo and Juliet.
And Apollo 13. Must have seen it at least ten times, and I still grip the edge of my seat even though I know they get back okay.
4. Name a performer for whom you suspend of all disbelief:
The guy is a genius, even if I may never be able to stop being upset that he chose to be in The Da Vinci Code.........
5. Name a work of art you’d like to live with:
The Firstborn by Frederick Elwell.
I want it :-)
6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life:
Now this really is difficult.
Probably Shelock Holmes and the story involving the Musgrave Ritual, which inspired my fascination with criminology and CSI :-)
7. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh:
Not really a punch line but a quote from DD1 when confronted with Basil the dog`s latest act of perfidy:-
"You are nothing but a South Korean Happy Meal on legs !".
Guaranteed to make me smile every time........
I`m tagging DoomHamster, as it is about time she blogged.......