Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Touch of Envy

DD1 is getting a lift with a parishioner friend to Vesperal Liturgy for the Feast of the Elevation of the Cross this evening.

I own to a touch of envy, but I will be at home with the young ones, who really do **need** to go to bed at 8pm at latest on school nights for them to be able to get up and go to school the next morning without looking and acting like extremely bad-tempered zombies, especially DD4 who does need a minimum of 11 and 1/2 hours sleep per night just to function in school.Twelve or thirteen hours suits her even better.....

Because of the travelling distances, DD1 won`t get home till about 10.30 or 11pm, as there will be refreshments and social time after the service, so it really is out of the question for me to go with the kids, however much I`d like to.
In fairness to DD1, as she works on Sundays, weekday Liturgies are the only ones she manages to get to at the moment, so I can`t ask her to stay home for me to go tonight.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

What a blessing for her. I know how it feels to miss a weekday Liturgy, though.