Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Aftershock

I look at DD4 and cannot believe that she is so nearly five, and that it has indeed been five years since September 11th.

I was at home when the news broke, and I spent much of the day in tears, watching the film footage on the news with horror that such evil and destruction could have been deliberately planned.

Memory Eternal to those who perished, and may God grant comfort to those who lost family and friends on that dreadful day.

Being pregnant made it more horrific in some ways; I laid my hands on my stomach, cradling my precious unborn baby and worried about the crazy, flawed world into which she would soon be born.

Things have indeed changed forever.

In the last few months, I have read several books detailing the incredible bravery and heroism displayed by so many people on that day at the WTC.

I want my daughter to grow up knowing that people can be brave and good and true, and that it is a privilege to be free to be a practising Christian, not a right.

Christian rights are increasingly being eroded in Britain, and the day may well come when we will be persecuted for being Christians.

God grant us all grace and strength to persevere in our Christian journey till our life`s end.
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: