Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Voices

When I was writing the Tag meme today, I set to thinking about why I had named Patrick Stewart and Sean Connery in my Celebrity Crushes.
I don`t necessarily find them physically appealing, (not even Sean Connery as a relatively young man in the James Bond films ; I think he was much more attractive in Entrapment, for instance !) but their voices.......oooh, each one is like the very best of the essences of melted chocolate and honey and ice-cold water rolled into a delectable package.

Alan Rickman`s portrayal of Professor Snape in the first Harry Potter film is another case in point. His physical portrayal of Snape I find utterly true to the book , but physically quite repellant.
His voice is glorious though, and the line:
"I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper into Death "
as delivered by him sends shivers down my spine.

A truly inspired piece of casting, in my humble opinion :-)

PS DoomHamster says Alan Rickman`s voice is the essence of rum truffles :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love voices too! James Earl Jones could read me the telephone book and I'd be a happy camper.