Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Lunch

Means as I was confined to house looking after the poorly child, we invited my dearly-loved mother-in-law over for lunch with us, to celebrate her successful house moveback to our town.

It was nice to have an excuse to cook......
So we had Roast pork, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sage and onion stuffing balls, yorkshire puddings (because DD3 loves them !)and home-made gravy.
Dessert was Lemon Pudding.

It generated a mountain of washing-up, but DoomHamster, mother-in-law and I tackled it head on, and it was soon done.
It is now 18.26 and I still feel full from lunch, which is good, as I can now have a small snack instead of an evening meal. Everyone else is hungry though :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

3 comments:

Philippa said...

Your meal sounds absolutely delicious. I love pork roast but rarely make it, primarily because I don't know how!

Laura said...

I love yorkshire pudding! But I can't make it...I've tried...

I am glad your daughter is feeling better. I fully appreciate feeling like a limp dishrag after nursing a sick one!

God be with you and your family...

Mimi said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad everyone is feeling better.

My prayers continue.