We have 60 mph gale force winds here at the moment, with a cold snap forecast for tonight too. Brrrrr.
I am only going outside if I am wearing my wollen hat as well as coat and gloves, as I have a riproaring ear infection of unknown origin and site, according to my GP. I have a spray with antibiotics and steroids in it, which appears to be doing absolutamente nada, and I am currently upright only by virtue of the wonders of modern painkillers, notably high dose Ibuprofen 400 mg three times an day and co-proxamol, max of 8 tablets per day.
I`m not quite rattling when I walk, but I don`t think it will be long.... !
I am hoping my GP will refer me to a ENT specialist, as we have private medical insurance courtesy of DH`s job.
I don`t know whether my head is going to explode with pain or if I shall beat it against the wall first :-)
On a happier note, I am waiting on news of two imminent arrivals. My dear friend Elly is expecting daughter number 2 any day now, and an Orthodox Blogger whom I read is anxiously awaiting her first bundle of joy - Anna.
As a midwife, I love hearing of new arrivals.
May God bless and protect these two families, and grant them rejoicings in the very near future !!